My return to New York this summer has meant two fabulous months of catching up on my favorite city activity -- eating. Can you blame me? There is nothing like a great meal to make any day just a little (or a lot) better. In the spirit of everyone's favorite kind of Instagram photos, here are a few of the eats I've been loving #onthetable:
1. Guilt-Free Ice Cream. Judging by my Instagram, it should be no surprise that I have a weakness for ice cream. But let's be real, I'll have to start exercising more to keep up with this lifestyle. I recently tried Halo Top Creamery's healthy ice cream, which comes in pints of only 240 calories without the heavy carbs/sugar. The best part? It is still absolutely delicious. My ice cream sweet tooth is more than satisfied.
2. Pistachio Waffles. If you find yourself in New York with an aching sweet tooth, make a trek over to Sweethaus Cupcake Cafe in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Despite the shop's reputation for cupcakes and candy, I am personally a fan for its small brunch menu. Your favorite belgian waffles have been upgraded with a subtle pistachio flavor, and they are absolutely delicious.
3. Avocado Toast. Call me basic, but I can't resist a good avocado toast. One of my favorites is offered at a classic NYC spot, Le Pain Quotidien. With the additions of citrus cumin salt and chia seeds, this breakfast is on point for those treat yourself kind of mornings.
4. Not-Your-Basic Pizza. When I'm looking for something more than a quick $1 pizza, the Martha Washington Hotel's Marta never disappoints. Their menu includes an array of unique pizzas, with one of my favorites being the Butcher, topped with pork sausage, sopressata, mozzarella, and grana padano. The crispy thin crust keeps each slice light, letting you enjoy the fantastic flavors of each topping combination.
5. Meatball Madness. Half the fun at The Meatball Shop is ordering the food. There are endless combinations of meatballs, sauces, and sides to create to satisfy your taste buds. I recommend trying any of the daily specials, as each typically offers a basic base with a not-so-basic (but tasteful) twist.
What is your favorite thing to eat in your city? Let me know in the comments below!